Sunday, October 17, 2010

Reflection 8

Salome was an entirely new experience for me. Not only was it my first opera, it was also my first journey to the Kennedy Center. However, the greatest part of the night was the chance to further bond with my floor. Since the school year has started, I have felt a strong bond between the individuals on my floor and myself. I have been blessed with the opportunity to meet such wonderful people that have surely made my transition into college a whole lot easier.

I can easily say that my greatest decision in college thus far has been to partake in the University College program. My floor has been a source of intellectual excitement, laughs, and overall joy. This isn’t to say I don’t have friends outside of my floor, I simply mean that my floor is a refresh point. I can rely on Letts 6 South to be a place for me to have fun and learn more then I ever expected to and I am deeply indebted to them for that.

The saddest part of these memories being made is that I may never get the chance to live with these extraordinary human beings again. The idea of living with new people next year makes me a little anxious. However, I am happy to know that my friends are here to stay and no matter where we live or where we end up, I will always be there for them and trust they will always be there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment