Sunday, October 17, 2010

Reflection 8

This week was a hectic week for all, I am sure. Not only did most of us have midterms in our other classes, we had a paper midterm in World Politics and the UC event at the Kennedy Center. Because of this, it was especially nice to not have homework in WP, and just have a game to play.

The game ended up being so much fun and a lot more challenging than I expected. I had never played Risk before, but my dad and brother are both fervent Risk fans, so I had seen the game played multiple times before. I was most excited about the diplomacy aspect of the game, because it allowed for more people to contribute to the game, other than just the head of state. It is really fascinating to try and figure out the objectives of the other teams, and try and see what IR theory PTJ might have meant by the objectives. Who is the realist? The constructivist? The liberal? Who encompasses multiple theories? It’s nice to be able to use IR theory in a hands-on approach, and to have fun while doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment